Unknown Live Track from the Warp 10th Anniversary Party

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
so first, the usual disclaimer: I did a SEARCH and i couldn't find anything.

i have this track listed as "Unknown Live Track 1", and it is the short song with the droning voices going in reverse, from the Warp 10th Anniversary Party. i thought it would be a good idea to listen to this backwards, to try and figure out what the child is singing. has anyone did this? for those of you interested, here is a short clip of the end of the reversed version: http://www.filefactory.com/file/ah4c117/n/unknown_live_track_clip_reversed_mp3.

i have been driving my wife mad listening to this over and over. her English is not fluent, so she has no idea what they are saying....

to my ears, it sounds like: "There's God in my soul/I will be glad in him/There's God in my soul/I loved you once the best". make sense? i don't know, i did a google search of the lyrics, as it sounds like maybe it is a children's hymn or something, but nothing turned up....

i'd really like to know what this song is. it is obviously a song, because when played backwards, you can hear the melody (di, di di di, di).... can anyone help?

EDIT: i may be wrong about the lyrics, every time i listen to it, it sounds different.

Dayvan Cowboy
ooo i like...

Boqurant
There's another attempted transcription of the lyrics somewhere else. I can't remember if it was here or WATMM.

Really like that track, both forwards and backwards :)

Happy Cycler
It's called Mootosh McNignosh.

Posts Quantity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYcDZZ56 ... re=related

I have it as track 6 at 2:55 in length.

Eagle Minded
I think it's:

"There's love in my soul / i will be back again / there's love in my soul / how loved you must have been .."

This sounds irritatingly familiar, like i've heard it in a tv programme or film.. maybe a kids made-for-tv movie or something.

Eagle Minded
23degreesdream wrote:I think it's:

"There's love in my soul / i will be back again / there's love in my soul / how loved you must have been .."

This sounds irritatingly familiar, like i've heard it in a tv programme or film.. maybe a kids made-for-tv movie or something.

yeah. when i read that it sounded familiar to me also. especially "how loved you must have been".

Friendly Stranger
Praise the Lord, O my Soul
I will be glad in him...

From a Psalm or something?

Friendly Stranger

Return to Boards of Canada