Introduce Yourself

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

cheephardware wrote:Hey All,

Been a fan since 2001 or so, long been one of my favorites, crafted a lot of my sonic and visual preoccupations/projects over the years. Rebuilding my studio and can't help but to get back into just what BOC is from a procedural perspective lately.

Very stoked to find this as I was going to go into my investigation blind, but would be foolish w/all the info/resources already gathered.

- Pat

Welcome!

If you want to do a deep dive into their minds, we've got 88 interviews lined up @ https://bocpages.org/wiki/Interviews
There's also this specific page about their equipment: https://bocpages.org/wiki/Equipment

New Seed
hello!! you can call me soda (he/any) i love music.. music is life man!! :D
BOC fan from mexico.. still new to their music but im really looking forward to learning more abt them!!

New Seed
Hello!
I live in the United States.
I love kayaking, cycling and being outdoors.
I decided to join Twoism to occasionally check on BoC news without using social media.

New Seed
Hello everyone,

Long time lurker on this forum, but only now making an account after my most recent BOC binge (happens like two or three times a year, right? This one is particularly heavy though)

My first BOC was Hi Scores which I got because I was into Autechre, Gescom, SKAM, although I must confess that period of my life was mostly all about Mo' Wax/Headz/UNKLE and Adam Freehand/Coastal Breaks. I liked Music Has The Right when it came out, and played quite a bit along with Hi Scores, but they were not my favourite band (that was Portishead) until A Beautiful Place In The Country came out, which I loved and is still my favourite release by them. I remember the whole day buying it and going back to my dorm to play it very clearly, it was a great day. I have a mildly interesting BOC story from the late 90s I am always tempted to post, but always chicken out of, (just like every other reply on the forum I write in my head but never post). Maybe one day.

Other long time favourites from around that period in my life: Leaf Label, Karaoke Kalk, More Music, Ninja Tune, Tortoise, Sonic Youth, Massive Attack, Curve etc. What a great time and how much I wish I could go back.

Friendly Stranger
noveltywave wrote:Hello everyone,

Long time lurker on this forum, but only now making an account after my most recent BOC binge (happens like two or three times a year, right? This one is particularly heavy though)

My first BOC was Hi Scores which I got because I was into Autechre, Gescom, SKAM, although I must confess that period of my life was mostly all about Mo' Wax/Headz/UNKLE and Adam Freehand/Coastal Breaks. I liked Music Has The Right when it came out, and played quite a bit along with Hi Scores, but they were not my favourite band (that was Portishead) until A Beautiful Place In The Country came out, which I loved and is still my favourite release by them. I remember the whole day buying it and going back to my dorm to play it very clearly, it was a great day. I have a mildly interesting BOC story from the late 90s I am always tempted to post, but always chicken out of, (just like every other reply on the forum I write in my head but never post). Maybe one day.

Other long time favourites from around that period in my life: Leaf Label, Karaoke Kalk, More Music, Ninja Tune, Tortoise, Sonic Youth, Massive Attack, Curve etc. What a great time and how much I wish I could go back.

Welcome. I had to respond as I was literally just this instant watching a video on time wave zero and then see you registered today with that name. I'm back on the weed and beginning to see tons of coincidences happening again. Last time this happened. Things got interesting.

Something's about to happen.

New Seed
noveltywave wrote:Hello everyone,

I have a mildly interesting BOC story from the late 90s I am always tempted to post, but always chicken out of, (just like every other reply on the forum I write in my head but never post). Maybe one day.

lol, I hear you brother, same!

New Seed
Long time (probably a little after the release of Geogaddi) fan - not generally active on a lot of message boards but music is definitely a big influence in my life, figured I'd sign up here and participate, find some new and interesting things to listen to or talk about. From the US, generally more of a post-rock and prog fan, BoC is one of only a few (along with Shpongle, Tycho, and maybe a few others) groups in the electronic category that I listen to with any regularity.
Twoism and the Peel Session are probably my two favorite albums right now but I go through phases where different albums of theirs appeal to me more than others at any given time

Friendly Stranger
Hi! Knew them for some time, only recently (in about 4 months) i started listening to them. I also do 3d modeling.
What if Boards of Canada was called WOKES of Canada, and instead of A Few Old Tunes, it was called A Few WOKE Tunes.

New Seed
Hi,

Longtime obsessive BOC fan and lurker of this board. I just posted a link to my instagram profile where I post my music in the "post what you're working on thread." cheers.

New Seed
Hello boc people. I have been a fan for quite a while. I've listened to ALL their music.

New Seed
Hello fellow boc fans.

Dayvan Cowboy
Deejayy wrote:I've listened to ALL their music.

Big feet. :wink:

New Seed
brazilian fan here. my first song was "skimming stones" and i've been a massive 2 year fan ever since. created an account to occasionally check what goes on in the tempting world of boc.

Previous

Return to Boards of Canada