GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
bocnissanmaxima wrote:
Mafache wrote:[img]<a class="vglnk" target="_blank" href="https://i.ibb.co/MgGs0F1/tumblr-pseacogo-TR1rasnq9o1-1280.jpg[/img" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>i</span><span>.</span><span>ibb</span><span>.</span><span>co</span><span>/</span><span>MgGs0F1</span><span>/</span><span>tumblr</span><span>-</span><span>pseacogo</span><span>-</span><span>TR1rasnq9o1</span><span>-</span><span>1280</span><span>.</span><span>jpg</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span></a>]

Month/Day/Year map
Canada also uses that format

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope, at least not in Québec, it's DD/MM/YYYY
Molest me not with this pocket calculator stuff.

Eagle Minded
yyyy-mm-dd supremacy
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Friendly Stranger
Just want to confirm something. Hi-Scores still isn't up on youtube, so the Hi-Scores "Warp edition" isn't out, right?

Sherbet Head
I wonder how warp had Twoism 20 years before Hi Scores

Dayvan Cowboy
vapordracula wrote:Just want to confirm something. Hi-Scores still isn't up on youtube, so the Hi-Scores "Warp edition" isn't out, right?

They're probably still prepping it because it might be part of a BOcset or something. At least I'd hope!
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Posts Quantity
Echelon wrote:
vapordracula wrote:Just want to confirm something. Hi-Scores still isn't up on youtube, so the Hi-Scores "Warp edition" isn't out, right?

They're probably still prepping it because it might be part of a BOcset or something. At least I'd hope!

Why would Hi-Scores be a part of the BOCset? I thought the whole point of it would be to release unreleased material.
joyrex can eat my bankrupt...

Dayvan Cowboy
qukk_ wrote:
Echelon wrote:

Why would Hi-Scores be a part of the BOCset? I thought the whole point of it would be to release unreleased material.

If they do some kind of collection, I mean. They constantly are repressing and reissuing classic Warp albums and they might band all those albums together for some reissue program.

Eagle Minded
Would be lame to repackage all the releases and throw in a ringer disc but you have to buy everything again for reissue bocset

They made a studio but what for -- there has to be some hidden artist or something they produced or something not just SexObs. Playing music for family and friends wouldn't require an entire studio

Posts Quantity
They just re-shared the following post on instagram. Neat! This AI stuff can produce some really trippy visuals.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CtXFvxqgEAj/

Posts Quantity
Is this their first instagram story?

Cool little video

Dayvan Cowboy
belchmaster wrote:They just re-shared the following post on instagram. Neat! This AI stuff can produce some really trippy visuals.

How would everyone feel if the video for their next single was done by AI? Recently, artists like Peter Gabriel and Sigur Ros have started using it for their videos for their 2023 releases. Sigur Ros in particular has done a creepy video of 10 minutes of barren landscape before adding bodies to the terrain around the last minute or so. I think BOC could do something equally scary and trippy with AI visuals that reflects a very discordian approach.

Sherbet Head
I'd be thoroughly disappointed!

For years I've been wanting to see more of their film stuff.. They must have a huge collection of it and it really puzzles me why they've only let us see a few videos worth.

So yeah I'd much rather watch film than anything AI

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:
belchmaster wrote:They just re-shared the following post on instagram. Neat! This AI stuff can produce some really trippy visuals.

How would everyone feel if the video for their next single was done by AI? Recently, artists like Peter Gabriel and Sigur Ros have started using it for their videos for their 2023 releases. Sigur Ros in particular has done a creepy video of 10 minutes of barren landscape before adding bodies to the terrain around the last minute or so. I think BOC could do something equally scary and trippy with AI visuals that reflects a very discordian approach.

I remember tuning in for the Peter Gabriel The Court music video, have to say the video itself didn't impress me all that much besides what AI can do, but what I liked was the idea behind it. That Pete opened a competition and let fans experiment with artificial intelligence to create a video for 1 of the first 3 songs of i/o

Perhaps after a single, yes it's a slim possibility but very cool nonetheless that Warp/BoC could ask the audience for an interpretation! In this age that happens more and more as technology progresses.

Y'know why I don't think they would go for that, is if the album has an overarching theme and concept already (which I would expect them to be protective of their vision). But even if you can tell what that is, it would be good to see folks making and imagination, whether using AI or not.

Gizza claymation. :P

Dayvan Cowboy
Orbited insanitarium wrote:
Echelon wrote:

I remember tuning in for the Peter Gabriel The Court music video, have to say the video itself didn't impress me all that much besides what AI can do, but what I liked was the idea behind it. That Pete opened a competition and let fans experiment with artificial intelligence to create a video for 1 of the first 3 songs of i/o

Perhaps after a single, yes it's a slim possibility but very cool nonetheless that Warp/BoC could ask the audience for an interpretation! In this age that happens more and more as technology progresses.

Y'know why I don't think they would go for that, is if the album has an overarching theme and concept already (which I would expect them to be protective of their vision). But even if you can tell what that is, it would be good to see folks making and imagination, whether using AI or not.

Gizza claymation. :P

Yeah I don't think they'll be a contest though BOC did have a contest on WATMM back in the 00s. The winner even got their autographs and I really can't imagine them doing that now.

This was before the 'internet is evil' business and I doubt they'll be as open again, but at least they are still reposting fan videos and such which means they appreciate it.

Sherbet Head
Anyone listen to the Stuff to blow your mind podcast?

Noticed a wee while ago an episode called White Cyclosa.. I thought heh that's cool. Then last week an episode called The colour of the fire.. I'm thinking is this a coincidence.. Yeah probably. Now todays episode is called Chromakey Dreamcoat. The episodes themselves are not BoC related

Safe to say the STBYM guys are fans

Eagle Minded
Wasn't one of the lads going to Uni for AI research stated like ancient ages ago in an interview intro or something

phpBB [media]

Eagle Minded
They must have a huge collection of it and it really puzzles me why they've only let us see a few videos worth.

So yeah I'd much rather watch film than anything AI

I thought that the films and film stills and whatnot were also the work of their org art friends so maybe an issue HS etc

Sherbet Head
You're probably right. They said in the 'Bunker full of memories' interview that Music70 produces art with no commercial aims at all

I've always hung onto this quote from the same interview

How is the planned full length Super-8 movie with soundtrack coming along?
"That film will start shooting in summer." - 1998

:(

Eagle Minded
lol I remember when that interview came out -- where is the cartoon already

Dayvan Cowboy
If they could have David Firth produce…
Molest me not with this pocket calculator stuff.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada