Thee Post When Your High Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
i just noticed that the cell phone image on the log-in page for gmail shows 4:20 on the screen. heh.

Sherbet Head
Haha awesome
All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Happy Cycler
Combo time! 6000mg kratom + 15mg valium.

Ahhh yeah, man. It's not hydro or oxy but it's close enough.

Now is a good time for me to say fuck weed! Not you guys, you guys are fine, but stoners who smoke constantly. Their condescending "my drug is the cure to everything" attitude. Their fucking mindless drabble and short term memories. I wish people knew how to HANDLE their drugs.

It's bad enough I can't enjoy the one thing almost everybody here seems to enjoy but it's even worse that I often have to watch them act like zombies on it. Most overrated psychoactive substance on the planet earth - any "opening of the third eye" or ego loss that might be achieved on cannabis can be achieved a lot more effectively with either a muscimol or psilocybin based magic mushroom...hell, even some fucking ambien, it's basically muscimol in pill form.

Never had a single good experience on weed and 6 out of the 12 times I had to take a downer just to stop the paranoia. Next stoner I meet in person offers me weed and I decline it and he says I "need some more weed in my life" is getting a brick thrown through something that he owns made of glass. Sick of it online and I'm sick of it in Maricopa, where weed has apparently been the county's DoC for a long time.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Posts Quantity
Whoah! Never have I bore witness to such a scathing verbal attack on sweet innocent Mary Jane!

I can definitely understand a dislike of sensationalist stoner culture, though I think this is excessive scorn directed at a certain stereotype and lacks an understanding at some level. I think everyone should have the right to enjoy their substance of choice without having to endure judgement or condescension based on another's own preference.
Last edited by Yeah That's Right on Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dayvan Cowboy
Rodheh wrote:Combo time! 6000mg kratom + 15mg valium.

Now is a good time for me to say fuck weed! Not you guys, you guys are fine, but stoners who smoke constantly. Their condescending "my drug is the cure to everything" attitude. Their fucking mindless drabble and short term memories. I wish people knew how to HANDLE their drugs.

It's bad enough I can't enjoy the one thing almost everybody here seems to enjoy but it's even worse that I often have to watch them act like zombies on it. Most overrated psychoactive substance on the planet earth - any "opening of the third eye" or ego loss that might be achieved on cannabis can be achieved a lot more effectively with either a muscimol or psilocybin based magic mushroom...hell, even some fucking ambien, it's basically muscimol in pill form.

Never had a single good experience on weed and 6 out of the 12 times I had to take a downer just to stop the paranoia. Next stoner I meet in person offers me weed and I decline it and he says I "need some more weed in my life" is getting a brick thrown through something that he owns made of glass. Sick of it online and I'm sick of it in Maricopa, where weed has apparently been the county's DoC for a long time.

WOAH! There are some serious errors in here. First off, any fellow who talks like they know everything about drugs is in fact projecting the opposite. NEVER think you know all your shit. Drugs are much more complicated and variable than a single human brain can wrap itself around. Secondly, your theory is kinda bullshit. Though I know those people pretty well (a lot of them are close friends and you're just being a judgemental fellow for writing them off as 'fucking mindless', most of them are great people and they get stoned and hang out but they still have day jobs and go to classes and function like everyone else, they're just less stressed and occasionally more soft spoken) I have many friends who smoke weed constantly, and I mean non-stop every forty minutes or so and they're just as active as anyone else. One of my best friends does maybe two or three dabs every hour and then rips some bong after AND drinks tincture and I can confidently say is more active and interesting than most people combined. He's incredibly intelligent (he does forget shit sometimes like a stoner will) and crazy social and climbs mountains and kayaks and travels constantly and has a job all while selling copious drugs as well. So if that's not a fantastic case study to disprove your over generalized nonsense then I don't know what is.

Also, contradiction: You say I WISH PEOPLE KNEW HOW TO HANDLE THEIR DRUGS yet you also say you have to take a downer every time you smoke because you get too paranoid. Lol wut.

And lsd is also an ego softener.
endlessly manifold, self contained revealed, replete

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTfU5SOlSf8

http://maketapesounds.bandcamp.com/

Sherbet Head
All this conflict... I just wanna get high, maybe eat some pretzel sticks. Anyone in?
"Life is a stupid, meaningless thing that has nothing to teach you." -Slavoj Zizek

Happy Cycler
I'm not acting like I know everything about drugs. I'm just operating off my own personal experiences and the experiences of those that I've witnessed. The comment "never think you know all your shit", the comment about drugs being complicated and variable - these are a given. This is the sort of thing I'm talking about. If I were not already aware of this then my response would not have had an inclusion of my own subjective experiences with cannabis, nor would I have acknowledged that you guys are fine. I would have just presumed you were all liars and everyone had the same exact experience. One would have to quite literally lack a significant amount of mental ability to believe this, either that or have to quite literally have lived under a rock for your whole life and understand nothing about psychoactive substances.

Sorry if my opinion bothers anyone, mary jane is not "sweet" "or innocent" to me, and never has been. I've also noted that those I've observed (including myself) under the influence of magic mushrooms, or possibly something like mescaline as well, have a more profound, meaningful experience. One that promotes significant change of thought almost universally - however I cannot judge that universally these substances generally result in the same effects observing simply those around me, so I look to sites like Erowid and Bluelight - I hear the experiences of others that are not around me. I listen and learn. My "judgements" are not without reason, and application of said judgements may vary from person to person.

TaoTapeTao wrote:Though I know those people pretty well (a lot of them are close friends and you're just being a judgemental fellow for writing them off as 'fucking mindless', most of them are great people and they get stoned and hang out but they still have day jobs and go to classes and function like everyone else, they're just less stressed and occasionally more soft spoken)

We are not talking about the same people. There is nobody in this state that smokes weed constantly (I mean at least three or four times a day, every day) I have ever seen (and I've seen A LOT of them in Maricopa county, god damn, especially in Tempe) that this description is applicable to.

TaoTapeTao wrote:I have many friends who smoke weed constantly, and I mean non-stop every forty minutes or so and they're just as active as anyone else. One of my best friends does maybe two or three dabs every hour and then rips some bong after AND drinks tincture and I can confidently say is more active and interesting than most people combined. He's incredibly intelligent (he does forget shit sometimes like a stoner will) and crazy social and climbs mountains and kayaks and travels constantly and has a job all while selling copious drugs as well. So if that's not a fantastic case study to disprove your over generalized nonsense then I don't know what is.

Again, we're obviously not talking about the same people.

Also I'd have to meet your friend if I were to make a definite statement.

Furthermore, I'm not sure what the "active" comment is about. I never implied stoners were lazy. There's a cliche that has been beaten to death. My comment is more regarding external appearance.

TaoTapeTao wrote:Also, contradiction: You say I WISH PEOPLE KNEW HOW TO HANDLE THEIR DRUGS yet you also say you have to take a downer every time you smoke because you get too paranoid. Lol wut.

That's not a contradiction at all. Weed is not my kind of drug. I've tried it probably about 12 times in total and I've taken the downers on many of those occasions to keep myself from feeling awful. I was speaking in regards to those who DO enjoy weed - handle properly, i.e. don't let yourself become permafried like my cousin by smoking constantly, all day, every day. The same philosophy of handling your drugs goes for every other sort of drug, there's smart ways to use them and dumb ways to use them. Now, there's nothing wrong with smoking a bit of weed and taking some ambien to go with it, in fact on Bluelight it's a common combo and it's totally safe. I see no contradiction.

Yeah That's Right wrote:I can definitely understand a dislike of sensationalist stoner culture, though I think this is excessive scorn directed at a certain stereotype and lacks an understanding at some level. I think everyone should have the right to enjoy their substance of choice without having to endure judgement or condescension based on another's own preference.

I find that the stereotype, at least in my locale, tends to be pretty true. Now, everyone should have the right to enjoy their substance of choice. I don't believe my remarks to be condescending...judgement? Sure. I believe everyone has the right to say whatever they want and everyone has the right to respond however they want to whatever has been said. As an opiate/opioid user I deal with judgement and am scorned ALL THE TIME.

Often by many of those who tell me I need more weed in my life. I hear the "natural" argument so much - nevermind that all man made drugs come out of our own biosphere and really are just as natural as something not tampered by man, and nevermind that things like fucking datura are natural. Do you see what I'm getting at here? I just adore being told that I'm "killing myself" every day by guys who can't remember what they said five seconds ago. Yes, that is a stereotype - however, it's often true.
Last edited by Jonse on Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:38 am, edited 9 times in total.

Posts Quantity

The resident 12 year old drug expert has spoken.

Happy Cycler
naicob wrote:

Ah, naicob. How's life under a bridge?

Amo Bishop Roden wrote:All this conflict... I just wanna get high, maybe eat some pretzel sticks. Anyone in?

I got high and ate Reese's Pieces. Was great.

Not conflict unless it's made to be conflict. I didn't expect an answer other than something like "yeah, it's not for everyone man, and yeah, those people you were talking about specifically, THOSE kinds of stoners, I don't like them either because they make people who smoke cannabis look bad"...I guess I forget this thread isn't Bluelight. This is a thread on Twoism 2.0! With Lens, naicob and co.! Let's see, one was just a troll from the beginning who went after Nicole as well and the other I pissed off somehow...the closest I can come to nailing it down was that I believe I criticized the "modern life is rubbish" thread and apparently something aggravated him so much that his Twoism mission became: OPERATION: PISS OFF RODHEH BY WHATEVER MEANS NECESSARY.

Meh.

Posts Quantity
Rodheh wrote:
naicob wrote:

Ah, naicob. We trade one troll for another.

All of these responses reeks of "hey, stop disliking what I like!". Got it with Tomorrow's Harvest, getting it with this. No surprises whatsoever.

I understand that you have had bad experiences with weed. That's totally cool. It happens.

I've been smoking for almost 20 years, almost twice as long as you've been alive. Sometimes multiple times daily, sometimes once a week, or even once a year at certain parts in my life.
I've smoked with probably hundreds of individuals.
It effects people very differently. Some people get active, some get lazy. Some get creative, some can concentrate better. Some trip out, some go to sleep. There are no rules. Most long term smokers will likely experience all of the above and then some.
I've had drastically different experiences with weed-- from extreme paranoia to extreme bliss, but in almost every single case my mind races with creative thought. I think there are definitely some people out there that have a similar experience to me. I also think just as many if not much more, have completely different experiences.
I understand where you're coming from-- I now almost always experience some level of anxiety when I smoke-- from slight nervousness to extreme panic. I highly doubt everyone who smokes weed does as well, but I'm sure they're out there (just like you).
There is some truth to the classic stoner stereotype, however, there really are many kinds of 'stoners' out there-- I've attended many marijuana conventions and I was pleasantly surprised how well organized and how unstoner-like so many people were.
What might seem as mindless drabble to you might be profoundly insightful to someone else --if you're not on the wave, your opinion is pointless.

There are a few different reasons for the variation in experience:

1) There are many strains of weed with varying amounts of THC and CBD
2) There are different methods of growing weed
3) There are irresponsible growers who don't flush their weed, let it get moldy, or add/spray it with God only knows what, all of which can definitely make you paranoid
4) Your state of mind before smoking (can be the minutes or even months leading up to) can have a huge impact on the kind of experience you will have
5) Anything else in your system, from something as simple as what you ate, an allergy, or another mind altering substance you've consumed, can alter your experience in many ways

I couldn't care less what you dislike. I think just about every single one of your opinions I've come across on this forum is baseless, tasteless, immature, overly emotional, or idiotic. As in-- your whole 12 experiences with weed, your loud mouthed opinion of TH, 'free-thinking' your way to neatly packaged and walled-in compartmentalization, and your poorly thought-out emotional reactions to so many points that seemingly completely fly over your head. That, or you're just too brilliant for me grasp.

Happy Cycler
Please naicob, give me a logical reason why I would acknowledge anything you now state with apparent sincerity after you have called me a 12 year old "drug expert" because I don't care for cannabis and some of the people who partake in smoking cannabis? Why have you so suddenly flipped from "troll mode 2.0" to "regular ol' twoism poster"? Did saturdayindex send you a PM after I reported you?

"It effects people very differently."

Of course it does. Does this warrant being said after Tape already said something akin to it? I know weed effects people differently, it was pretty apparent when my friends were having a good time and I was not.

"What might seem as mindless drabble to you might be profoundly insightful to someone else --if you're not on the wave, your opinion is pointless."

A. I disagree that anyone's opinion is pointless about anything, if it has a point to them it is incapable of being pointless, now isn't it?
B. Sure - I acknowledge that. There might be some people who enjoy hearing about the Fibonacci sequence over and over again, or about how x person just realized something so completely obvious and attributes the realization to the cannabis, as though it is required for that discover. There might be some people who enjoy people laughing for no reason or saying "..whaat?" at inappropriate times. I am not one of those people, and I deal with a lot of those people and they happen to annoy me. Like I stated before, it's not the people here. You guys are fine. However, I find it hard to believe that you all don't know of the type of stoners I speak about.

I mean, maybe you don't. Maybe it's a local thing. I don't think it is though so I won't presume it is. I'll stand by what I've always thought - there are good and bad users of [insert whatever psychoactive here] everywhere. I still believe weed to be highly overrated.

"I think just about every single one of your opinions I've come across on this forum is baseless, tasteless, immature, overly emotional, or idiotic."

That makes two of us.

"your whole 12 experiences with weed"

I do not see how this is baseless. It's based on the fact that I consumed weed, twice by ingestion and 10 times by smoking it and I never enjoyed it once. I also don't see how my experiences are immature, overly emotional, idiotic or immature. Now tasteless...well, I guess if you so enjoy cannabis, then my opinion comes off as tasteless. I can see that, but I don't believe it to be tasteless in a crudity sort of sense. Also, if I consume something 12 times and almost every time it's a different type, by a different grower, and I like NONE of them, I'm pretty sure I can deduce it isn't for me. Again - not baseless.

"your loud mouthed opinion of TH"

So I'm not allowed to have an opinion that contrasts with the usual one here? Perhaps "overly emotional" is applicable here, but honestly that depends on what is "overly" for a particular person.

"'free-thinking' your way to neatly packaged and walled-in compartmentalization"

Is that about the atheist thread? You do know that the term "freethought" was not something I invented, right? It's an umbrella term that encompasses many different views on the existence of god.

"and your poorly thought-out emotional reactions to so many points that seemingly completely fly over your head"

You seem to mistake a disagreement with a point as a misunderstanding of a point - and you might take some excerpt from this post and use it as an example and it'll be one that doesn't have any correlation to your point.

Now, I'm done with this for tonight. I've things to do before bed. If you are now going to take this attitude instead of your previous troll attitude, I'd highly appreciate it, but your sarcastic quip at the end is indicative that this might possibly be insincere.

Dayvan Cowboy
Rodheh wrote:
TaoTapeTao wrote:Though I know those people pretty well (a lot of them are close friends and you're just being a judgemental fellow for writing them off as 'fucking mindless', most of them are great people and they get stoned and hang out but they still have day jobs and go to classes and function like everyone else, they're just less stressed and occasionally more soft spoken)

We are not talking about the same people. There is nobody in this state that smokes weed constantly (I mean at least three or four times a day, every day) I have ever seen (and I've seen A LOT of them in Maricopa county, god damn, especially in Tempe) that this description is applicable to.

TaoTapeTao wrote:I have many friends who smoke weed constantly, and I mean non-stop every forty minutes or so and they're just as active as anyone else. One of my best friends does maybe two or three dabs every hour and then rips some bong after AND drinks tincture and I can confidently say is more active and interesting than most people combined. He's incredibly intelligent (he does forget shit sometimes like a stoner will) and crazy social and climbs mountains and kayaks and travels constantly and has a job all while selling copious drugs as well. So if that's not a fantastic case study to disprove your over generalized nonsense then I don't know what is.

Furthermore, I'm not sure what the "active" comment is about. I never implied stoners were lazy. There's a cliche that has been beaten to death. My comment is more regarding external appearance.

TaoTapeTao wrote:Also, contradiction: You say I WISH PEOPLE KNEW HOW TO HANDLE THEIR DRUGS yet you also say you have to take a downer every time you smoke because you get too paranoid. Lol wut.

That's not a contradiction at all. Weed is not my kind of drug. I've tried it probably about 12 times in total and I've taken the downers on many of those occasions to keep myself from feeling awful. I was speaking in regards to those who DO enjoy weed - handle properly, i.e. don't let yourself become permafried like my cousin by smoking constantly, all day, every day. The same philosophy of handling your drugs goes for every other sort of drug, there's smart ways to use them and dumb ways to use them. Now, there's nothing wrong with smoking a bit of weed and taking some ambien to go with it, in fact on Bluelight it's a common combo and it's totally safe. I see no contradiction.

1. You started by generalizing that stoners were zombies. I retorted by examples that contradicted your generalization. You change the argument to say that you 'were talking about different types of people' but you never made that distinction. You implied that essentially everyone was like that.

2. If you're going to hate on the way someone looks or appears that's just downright close minded, irrelevant to drugs and useless.

3. The contradiction is still there because it's irrelevant whether you DO enjoy it or not, there is still a right and a wrong and if you're reacting that way then you can't 'handle' the drug. There's nothing wrong with that, but it's the fact. If not you wouldn't have to take the downers. And please, someone can smoke weed constantly and be totally okay. Don't try to tell me otherwise.

And now to revert to your "I don't like what he's saying comment"- that's just a dirty way of asserting that you're right and everyone else is wrong. I'm retorting because you make these lofty bullshit claims and feel the need to introduce logic and reason that plainly says otherwise. Frankly I'm neutral to weed, sometimes I love smoking it, sometimes I don't care. So I'm not offended, just bothered that you think your words are verbatim and objectively right, or at least that you imply this.

EDIT: One last thing. There's nothing wrong with someone getting stoned and spacing out or laughing a lot. If anything it's healthy and I don't understand why you'd get mad at or write off someone who wants to do that. That almost has nothing to do with weed either..

My suggestion is don't expect to demonstrate or express your opinion without getting an opposite and equal reaction ever. You react almost like it's wrong that people defend a counter point.
endlessly manifold, self contained revealed, replete

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTfU5SOlSf8

http://maketapesounds.bandcamp.com/

Sherbet Head
TaoTapeTao wrote:
There's nothing wrong with someone getting stoned and spacing out or laughing a lot. If anything it's healthy

right...

Happy Cycler
TaoTapeTao wrote:
Rodheh wrote:

1. You started by generalizing that stoners were zombies. I retorted by examples that contradicted your generalization. You change the argument to say that you 'were talking about different types of people' but you never made that distinction. You implied that essentially everyone was like that.

2. If you're going to hate on the way someone looks or appears that's just downright close minded, irrelevant to drugs and useless.

3. The contradiction is still there because it's irrelevant whether you DO enjoy it or not, there is still a right and a wrong and if you're reacting that way then you can't 'handle' the drug. There's nothing wrong with that, but it's the fact. If not you wouldn't have to take the downers. And please, someone can smoke weed constantly and be totally okay. Don't try to tell me otherwise.

And now to revert to your "I don't like what he's saying comment"- that's just a dirty way of asserting that you're right and everyone else is wrong. I'm retorting because you make these lofty bullshit claims and feel the need to introduce logic and reason that plainly says otherwise. Frankly I'm neutral to weed, sometimes I love smoking it, sometimes I don't care. So I'm not offended, just bothered that you think your words are verbatim and objectively right, or at least that you imply this.

EDIT: One last thing. There's nothing wrong with someone getting stoned and spacing out or laughing a lot. If anything it's healthy and I don't understand why you'd get mad at or write off someone who wants to do that. That almost has nothing to do with weed either..

My suggestion is don't expect to demonstrate or express your opinion without getting an opposite and equal reaction ever. You react almost like it's wrong that people defend a counter point.

1. You never provided an example backed by empirical evidence and my generalization largely pertained to my locale, hence my statement regarding dealing with them in real life.

2. I'm not hating on it, I prefer not to be associated with it, around it or communicate with it - it being the look, not the person when they aren't high on cannabis.

3. Again, you've missed my point. I've ACKNOWLEDGED weed isn't for me - that's why I'm done with it. I gave it plenty of tries. When I refer to "handling" your drugs, I refer to not letting the habit get out of control. I already clarified this.

"And now to revert to your "I don't like what he's saying comment"- that's just a dirty way of asserting that you're right and everyone else is wrong."

No it's not. I posted an opinion regarding something and got a whole bunch of comments akin to that. I'm not "right" nor are you "wrong" - that's not how subjectivity works.

"One last thing. There's nothing wrong with someone getting stoned and spacing out or laughing a lot. If anything it's healthy and I don't understand why you'd get mad at or write off someone who wants to do that."

They have every right to, and they should shut the fuck up when it comes to offering me some.

"My suggestion is don't expect to demonstrate or express your opinion without getting an opposite and equal reaction ever. You react almost like it's wrong that people defend a counter point."

What? No I don't, but I certainly didn't expect this much of a backlash. Where I normally discuss drug use it's with people who frankly are more understanding that x drug is not for x person. You can react however you want, and then I can react back. See? That's what is happening right now.

You're a good dude Tape, I have no beef with you. I just made a statement, I said you guys were fine - one would assume that stoners like "you guys" are also fine. What I have a problem with are what would if it were another drug in question be considered "junkies" - not people who smoke every now and then and don't act like weed is the cure to everything - those who DO act like weed is the cure to everything as well as try and constantly try and get me to take a hit/blow smoke in my face and then ramble on about simple shit as though it is something stupendous. Those are the people I have a problem with. Are we clear now? Can we stop this banter? If you still have a problem with me having a problem with those types of cannabis users then we'll just have to agree to disagree here.

Sherbet Head
Lets all just chill out a little bit
"We're just a band. Not an IDM band, not an electronic band, and not a dance band."

"An imaginary road trip in a rusty pick-up heading west through the brain"

Sherbet Head
Late teens through early 20's I was pretty much an every day weed smoker. Then I quit for awhile and when I started back up I felt like shit when I smoked so I didn't smoke for years, and there were a few times when friends would be like "dude just smoke some weed, it will help your anxiety" and were slightly pushy about it and it was kind of annoying because they couldn't understand that some people get horribly anxious when they smoke.

Sometimes people forget what works wonderfully for them doesn't have the same effect on all people, that's all. People can be the same way about pushing diets or certain types of exercise, etc. Shit like that used to bother me, but now I don't really give a shit, but I don't really tend to hang out with people who push their own personal cureall like that anyway. I know what I do and don't like and don't really like to spend time with people who don't respect that.

I started smoking again a few months ago though and it's been cool.
All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Posts Quantity
While I am a fan of it, one of the negatives I tend to experience from smoking weed lately is that it makes me horribly self-conscious. It makes me more introspective, but I seem to only focus on bad choices and decisions I've made lately or in life, or perceive aspects of myself more negatively. It's annoying, because I still find it good fun to smoke or vape with friends, and I find it the benefits of baking outweigh the downsides, but this is a downside which I've been aware of more recently. I don't think it's something that's guaranteed to occur each time, but being stoned seems to make me more susceptible to these kind of bad thoughts. Maybe it's just certain strains.

I don't enjoy smoking alone as much, I think it puts me at risk of spiraling into a pit of despair with my thoughts without someone else there to snap me out of it.

Sherbet Head
Yeah, experiences definitely vary over time. I know exactly what you mean by self consciousness when you smoke.

That's the whole reason I quit for so long. it started to be almost everytime I smoked and it didn't feel like a fruitful self discovery thing, I was just getting hung up on things I couldn't change and sometimes it would spiral into really bad places. But at this point in time the introspection I get when I smoke sometimes has felt really good. I'm sure it depends on many different factors, not only the headspace you're in at the time, but also all the variables in the particular strain you're smoking etc.

Brains and emotions and body chemistry, it's all over the place. We humans are definitely variable creatures.

Sherbet Head
I've never been a big smoker myself, not because I don't like the effects, but because something about the smell/taste makes me cough/gag every time and it's embarrassing when i'm with people, heh.
"Life is a stupid, meaningless thing that has nothing to teach you." -Slavoj Zizek

Dayvan Cowboy
I'm not high right now (ran out) but I will say that the last several nights I have been getting a taste of what it's like to loose your mind via sativa.

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground